Wednesday, December 5, 2007

gots me a headache/all you had to say was thanks

its really more of a physical one instead an emotional. i sometimes get those too. those just make me ache period.

please pray for Mary Peeples. she is my Pastor's mother, and apparently she is in the hospital and is not doing to well. please pray for a speedy recovery. so do it now.. as you read this.. if you do..

so..

the high school bible study that i have been attending is wonderful. i have really needed the collective insight that the study has brought. i have taken to heart a lot of the information that i already knew, and it has resurfaced some of the daily spiritual practices that i had let slip. practices such as daily devotion and daily prayer. the daily prayer has been more of throughout the entire day, many, many, many times a day prayer. i have been praying especially hard for guidance in general. thoughts, actions, ladies.. i have felt more at peace.

i also feel less of a shell. the last year or so i have felt spiritually inadequate, like an empty shell. and now i don't.
magical..

i took the ACT today.. it sucked big time. i think i did pretty well on it, with the exception of the math and science section. truthfully i am scared out of my mind that i won't do well enough to get into a decent college. education is everything in this country, and when it comes down to it, i am horrible at the one thing every college wants me to be good at. Math.. i just can't beat it. i so bad want to be able to provide for myself and blank in the future, but me having poor math skills is a possible deterrent to that dream. i am, with all truth and sincerity, scared to death about it. the future scares me.. i hate when things aren't guaranteed, and i can't see whats coming next. i think thats why i have been so so so hesitant about dating, cause i just can't give my heart to something that could possibly fail. I have a really hard time trusting anyone, so to give that piece of me up for something that could possibly not last, is a real hard concept for me to swallow, or even grasp. i just have to know that she's in it as much as me. which brings me to my next topic that possibly no one will read or comment on...

dating..
for me dating isn't a status you can put on facebook, or someone that you can call and pretend that you have actual love for. it needs to be something that i can rely on, something that i know to be real. so i have been praying about it, and hopefully God will have someone for me. friends are nice to have, but at some point, you just want something more.. everyone always has like 20 girlfriends or boyfriends during their high school or college years. Everyone seems to just go crazy until they find someone they can hang on to.. or maybe that is the way.. who knows?
not me..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know there's someone else who doesn't dig the whole math/science thing. :S

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Chris! It was a pleasant surprise to run across your blog.