Wednesday, February 18, 2009

something witty..

Been writing some lately. We'll see how this ends up. Discovered some new awesome music through my new musical master Shelby. Conor Oberst, Azure Ray, Fleet Foxes, The Everybodyfields, Kevin Devine, Manchester Orchestra.. just too name a few. Thanks Shelby!

Written in Lead

There is a hole in my chest oozing out ink
A hollow divide that keeps me awake
Sleepless nights and run away dreams
Never fill these pages with quite enough ink

The words echo in my brain
Reverberating silence that reflects the pain
A constant reminder of the spiritual mark
that becomes the elusive target of choice

There is a hole in my chest oozing out ink
Writing down all the mistakes that I've made
I dream of the day when my mind forgets
The past mistakes that keep me awake

The mistakes you make are easily forgotten
As long as you don't write them in ink
And the funny thing is this is written
in lead. so it can be all erased away.


work in progress..

New day erupts from the fresh air
and the words I say aren't the
ones I desire out of my mouth
It's easy to picture, easy to dream
But harder to say when you're next to me

The awkward silence can signal two things
Complete infatuation or a wish to steal away

No comments: