Monday, January 11, 2010

Light and Dark

I lost my way in the land of the lonely
I have no need for a bull from your pen
But I did not see what you were doing
You stained my face with a love that was resounding.

I saw a light that shone so very brightly
It became my slight so bright and blinding
And I was a tree with roots seeking fresh water
You were a stream in a garden of new beauty

I lost my way in the land of milk and honey
I wanted you more than I ever should have
I became enthralled with what I deemed worthy
You awoke me, You told me I was wrong

I make account for my sin, shame, and fever
I could not see the obsession overtaking me
What is the cost to become so accosted
I am a man with investments so cheap

I was afraid of the failure inside of my skin
the deep and dark beneath my bright and dim
I became angry, questioning Your every intention
You shot me down smoke trailing from my brain
You shot me down and put me in my place

I misread the weight of what became breath taking
I now believe in a specific beautiful plan
I can now see the rises and the falls,
I see where You have me so clearly
I can see why You put me in my place

No comments: