Thursday, April 9, 2009

champion of idiots

I am selfish.

I am the champion of idiots.

I feel stupid sometimes.

I think too much.

I do not trust God like I should.

It makes me feel guilty.

It's going to change.

It's not about me.

I am sorry.

"There's a film on the wall,
makes the people look small
who are sitting beside it
all consumed in the drama.
They must return to their lives
once the hero has died
they will drive to the office
stopping somewhere for coffee
where the folk singers, poets, and playwrights convene
dispensing their wisdom,
oh dear amateur orators.
they will detail their pain
in some standard refrain
that will recite their sadness
like it's some kind of contest.
Well if it is,
I think I am winning it,
all beaming with confidence
as I make my final lap
the gold medal gleams
so hang it around my neck;
cause I am deserving it--
the champion of idiots."

No comments: