Monday, April 13, 2009

Hope dangles on a string

I feel very restless. I do not like keeping quiet. I want to shout out loud. I'm usually a man of actions, but I now have to be a man of patience. There are things I would like to say and do, but I am leaning on God, trusting in His will. It gets really hard sometimes. But I have hope. You give me hope. I need hope. I am trusting God.

"You give me hope, and hope it gives me life
You touch my heavy heart, and when you do you make it light
As I exhale I hear your voice
And I answer you, though I hardly make a noise
And from my lips the words I choose to say
Seem pathetic, but it's fallen man's praise
Because I love you
Oh God, I love you
And life is now worth living
If only because of you
And when they say that I'm dead and gone
It won't be further from the truth
"
- Relient k

No comments: