Monday, March 16, 2009

a giant metaphor

I always play the sad notes.
I want the sun to shine again
These cold days are too long
I wouldn't understand if the
sun didn't come out

Its light outside but the
sun doesn't seem to shine
I'm looking for a metaphor
in a darkened sky but all I
see is blue

I have sung this song before
though It always skips my part
I have wondered if the
record player is broken
or is the needle dead?
How can something so
small effect the way I react?

The melody seems right but
I can only hear parts.

Whats the use in an investment
with no return? Happiness is an
experience I haven't pocketed yet.
Have my wings been clipped? A cage
is a prison no matter how you spin it.

You are the song I've tried to
write but now that the words
are penned I feel you
won't hear them.
Hows that for a metaphor?

No comments: