Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm back

I Guess This Song Makes Me a Chronic Liar

Ok I lied, I am terrified, I can't see past my own hands
But that doesn't mean you have to tell everyone.
Apathy is an easier route to take

Whats there to be scared of? Life is easier at 19
Left or right, it seems that I'm either up or down
It's not depression I just don't know where I'm at

I'm not gonna lie this time, you confuse me more than anyone
I can only guess so much, you have to say the rest.
I pray for no more roller coaster rides, but its out of my hands

I guess I'll contend with displacement or get an aptitude test
But I lied a second time, Apathy is not the easier route
If that was the case I wouldn't have written this down.

The easier route is to laugh and nod, pretend nothing is wrong
Make a joke, crack a smile and let my eyes tell a convincing lie
What you don't know won't hurt, at least on your end.
I guess I'm just scared of you. Or maybe I'm the skeptic

No comments: